Sunday 26 February 2012

Bark Back

The sun has been out, spring is on its way, and I've spent a good part of the weekend out in the garden.  The only down side to this is the noise restrictions.  Now I'm a fairly vocal dog, it's got to be said, and there's always so much to comment on.  There was bouncing Bonnie from over the road doing a fair bit of woofing herself yesterday.  It would have been rude not to reply.  Then there's Basil from next door.  He's getting on a bit now and, to be honest, his heart's not in it as much as it used to be, but I like to exchange a few pleasantries with him through the gap in the hedge.  Henry next door on the other side is too quiet a dog for any useful dialogue, but that still leaves crows flying overhead, squirrels, rabbits, horses cip-clopping along the road and then just a bit of barking for the fun of it.  There's never a dull moment.  The only problem is 'Them Indoors' don't like it and imposed a ban some time ago.  Too much barking and I get sent in with a sharp scolding.  I've tried barking with a ball in my mouth in the hope that this doesn't count, but apparently it does.  Sometimes however, I just have to go for it and live with the consequences.  They usually relent and let me back outside again after a bit.  All good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.