Monday 24 December 2018

My Christmas Message to the Nation

Well, it's that time of year again. The presents have been wrapped, my buggy has been tastefully decorated in tinsel and fairy lights, and I'm wearing my Santa coat when out so that I look like Father Christmas in a modern no-snow version of a sleigh! The local school children love me and I've been getting more than my fair share of fussing and treats. One young admirer introduced me to the delights of bread sticks which was fine by me!

It's been a year notable for two major acquisitions: my buggy and my apprentice, both of which have changed my life in different ways. My buggy means that I can enjoy the delights of long country walks without troubling myself with the walking bit. Perfect! I'm also closer to people's pockets for accessing treats which is very useful for a dog with my skills in the deploying of appealing eyes. My buggy has also got a rain hood so I'm sheltered from the worst of the elements whilst supervising my apprentice who acts as an outrider.

Now, it's got to be said, having an apprentice has worked out very well. I can get him to do all the stuff that I can't do so easily any more, like barking at delivery people, cats, pigeons, rabbits and the Leonburger next door, Ben. Teddy takes direction well, is respectful, and he's also large and muscular by Border Terrier standards so it's like having my very own bodyguard. I've been training him as a literary fur and he's come on so well, I'm allowing him to say a few words on my blog. So here you go Teddy boy, get your paws on the keypad and address the wider world....

Teddy - Erm...hello...*peers into the blogsphere* My paws are a bit big so I'll try and avoid typos, but I just wanted to say a big thank you to all my friends for their support. It was around this time of year that I had my first visit to 'Them Indoors' and the crucial meeting with the Boss, who had the casting vote on my future. Fortunately he gave his approval and allowed me to join his family and I shall be forever grateful. It's been a tough year of adjusting to a new home, but I have, and I love 'Them Indoors' and the Boss with all I've got. I'm looking forward to my first Christmas with them and I've got a whole stack of presents, possibly more than 'Her Indoors', but I'm prepared to share. I'm sure a festive chew will be good for her teeth! Anyway, if your Christmas is difficult this year, as mine was last year, take heart, things will get better. And for everyfur, hold those that you love close, accept the festive season as it is, enjoy some down time and, when no-one is looking, take a chance with the Christmas decorations - the Boss has taught me well!

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year from all of us.

Think my halo might have slipped a bit....!


A no-snow sleigh!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.