Friday 22 June 2012

Flies and Bi-Lingual Dogs

I don't know why but we've got a plague of flies at the moment.  I keen snapping at them but I'm not very accurate - I think the old eyesight's going - so I bark at them, just to release my pent up frustrations and show them who's boss.  It's driving 'Them Indoors' mad.  'Her Indoors' sat down and explained to me, in her patient voice that it was no good barking at them as it wouldn't do any good.  It was kind of her to clarify this but, doesn't she know, dogs only have a vocabulary of twenty words, so clearly I couldn't understand a word she was saying.

And talking of not understanding, 'Her Indoors' went to the pub last night with a group of friends, one of whom is a French lady who owns a Labrador cross.  Apparently, they first had the dog when they lived in France and it was trained to French commands, but now it lives in England it has learnt the English version and responds to both.  A bi-lingual dog!  'Her Indoors' was very impressed and has started to speak to me, rather hopefully in French.  I'm bi-lingual too; I ignore her in both languages!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.