Sunday 11 August 2013

Embarrassing Moments

Me and 'Her Indoors' both succeeded in the embarrassment stakes this morning.

When she was walking me over the playing field, there was a man with his dog who we've seen a few times before.  The dog meets with my approval as they're calm and friendly.  I'm not sure of the breed but I suspect a bit of German Shepherd in there somewhere, from the colouring.  Anyway, 'Her Indoors' always exchanges pleasantries about the weather with the owner, so this morning I went over and did a bit of polite sniffing myself.  He was wearing shorts and had obviously got something nice and edible in his pockets.  I tried asking politely, sitting down to attention and looking hungry, but that didn't work, so then I tried the direct tactic of accessing the pockets myself.  I have to say that if he was a bit bemused to find a small, bouncing terrier at his side, trying to rummage in his shorts, he hid it well, but 'Her Indoors' wasn't too pleased with me.

On the way home, 'Her Indoors' spotted something in the road that had been hit by a car.  Traffic was slowing down to avoid it and when she next saw it, it had moved to the side of the road.  Full of concern, she dropped me off at our house and then went on a solo rescue mission.  Unfortunately, the bin liner in question was irreparably damaged and is not expected to recover.  Still, her heart's in the right place, bless her..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.