Sunday 18 August 2013

Supporting Success

The A-level results were out last week and 'Junior Her' did rather well.  She's in at the university of her choice and she got an honorable mention on her sixth form web site, which all made for a happy atmosphere on the home front.  I like to think I played my part of course.  I'm sure her English skills wouldn't have developed to an A* standard without her teaching me how to read in my junior days.  She thought I wasn't paying attention and was only interested in chewing the book, but she honed my critiquing skills.  Teaching is the best way of learning so I like to think she benefited too.  It might have started with Biff, Chip and Kipper the dog under the Oxford Reading Tree, but from small acorns..... 'Her' and 'Junior Her' bought a large bottle of champagne to celebrate.  I don't know what was so funny but there was a lot of unnecessary giggling and frivolity.  Still, it's all in the upbringing so it's just as well I've been around to provide support and guidance.  Where would they be without me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.