Monday 28 April 2014

Near Miss

I'm in trouble again and it's not my fault. The good news is that the Robin chicks fledged this morning. The bad news is that I discovered this interesting fact when a baby Robin flew out from under my paws. I was just about to give the little miscreant the instinctive terrier response when 'Her Indoors' shouted at me with a 'you do that and I'll make a hearth rug out of you' type  of voice. It put me off my stride I can tell you. Next thing I know, I'm whisked indoors, and exercise for the rest of the day has been on the lead. In my own garden. The shame. I don't understand why baby birds leave the nest before they can fly properly. This baby Robin, undaunted by his near death experience, zig-zagged and swooped round the garden, crash landing at frequent intervals like a particularly enebriated Aeroflot pilot. What is a self-respecting terrier supposed to do? Still, at least my vigilance means that cats are a rare sighting. It's amazing any baby birds survive to adulthood. All we need now is another ducks' nest and it'll be like Groundhog Day. Perhaps I better check the back border just in case.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.