Tuesday 21 April 2015

Sun Puddling

Whilst all dogs are good at sun puddling, I consider myself a bit of an expert.  It's a hobby that can be practiced both indoors and out.  In the kitchen, the sun comes via a window on the stairs, provided the kitchen door is left open, and also by the kitchen window.  Actually, my basket is in the best place to catch both, but occasionally I need to shift my position in order to maximise my exposure to the sun's rays.  'Him Indoors' is often quite concerned, asking me if I'm sure that I'm warm and comfortable enough, but I'm not entirely sure he's genuine.  Jealousy is a rather unlovely emotion.

Sun puddling out doors is even more of a skill.  Not only do you have to find the sun, but you also have to find somewhere that's sheltered and out of the wind, particularly this early in the year.  Then there are some spots that only get the sun at certain times of day, and the occasional spot that is pretty good any time of day.  I know them all.  It's actually a bit of a science.  My favorite is next to the end wall of the office belonging to 'Her Indoors'.  It's mat black so absorbs the sun's heat, and I can lean against it for maximum effect.  If it's really sunny, 'Her Indoors' leaves her office door open, so if it gets too hot I can retreat indoors and lie next to her, panting loudly, whilst I cool off.  I'm sure I don't disturb her much.  As I said, I'm a bit on an expert.

Seasonal Sun Puddling



1 comment:

  1. Good weeks Rolo my pal..terrier can nivver haz too much warmin

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.