Friday 31 August 2012

Joey Returns

I met that Golden Retriever from up the road when I was out walking with 'Her Indoors' yesterday.  I haven't seen him for ages; I reckon our owners are trying to avoid us meeting.  Anyway, when we see each other, at a distance, it's like a game of chicken to see who's going to succumb and bark first.  He gave in and barked at me, which gave me the moral high ground.  We then both bark frantically, straining at our leads, whilst our owners try and pretend nothing is happening, exchanging polite 'Good Morning's which can barely be heard above the racket.  Both owners tell their respective dogs off; both dogs ignore their owners.  We are then dragged passed each other, thoroughly scolded, and we both continue our walks with a renewed spring in our steps.  It really sets me up for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.