Saturday 13 October 2012

Dietary Supplements

One of the advantages of autumn is that 'Her Indoors' starts feeding the birds.  Now I'm not particularly keen on birds, and I don't know what they've done to deserve her attentions, but I rather partial to a little snack if the opportunity arises.  I'm particularly keen on peanuts and I always sit and watch, very close by, whilst she fills the peanut container, and hoover up any that accidentally miss.  On one glorious occasion the phone rang, and she left the bag of peanuts unsupervised on the ground.  I must have munched my way through about half of them by the time she came back.  'Her Indoors' wasn't best pleased and my poos looked like Snickers bars for several days afterwards.  Anyhow, I made a mistake the other day.  I thought the bag containing the Niger seeds was the peanut bag (same plastic bag from the pet shop - an easy mistake to make), and when I saw an opportune moment I dashed in.  Unfortunately, I knocked the bag over and the seed went everywhere which didn't please 'Her Indoors'.  Not very tasty either and they get stuck in between your teeth.  Still, she's got some dried meal worms that the Robin seems to like so I'm trying for those next time.  I bet they're crunchy and taste like chicken.

A peanut dispenser for Border Terriers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.