Saturday 3 November 2012

Things that go bang in the night

It's that time of year again.  I should have guessed from the pile of tree and hedge cuttings that has appeared in the middle of the playing fields over the last couple of weeks.  I've weed on it every morning, along with most of the other dogs in the village.  They'll need plenty of petrol to get it going that's for sure. 

There were fireworks last night.  Now I'm not of a nervous disposition but I don't like them, which means that I have to bark and try and drown out the noise.  'Them Indoors' are pretty good about it.  'Her Indoors' draws the blind and turns the radio on.  Radio Four would be my station of choice - I'm an intellectual dog at heart - but all that talking doesn't drown out the noise very well.  Classic FM is quite soothing - Bach is a particular favourite of course - but the ads are a bit irritating.  What is hemorrhoid cream by the way?  The best bet is something loud, with a beat, so 'Her Indoors' usually re-tunes the radio for me and talks to me in a soothing way.  If it gets too much, I'm allowed on a lap next to the wood burner, so it's not all bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.