Sunday 30 December 2012

Post Christmas Collapse

Well it's all over for another year and, to be frank, I'm completely exhausted.  On Christmas Eve, I woke up and found that Santa Paws had already been.  I tried to open my presents but 'Her Indoors' heard the rustling and confiscated my stocking until Christmas Day.  I made short work of the presents when I finally got my paws on them.  A pleasing selection of toys and edibles. 

'Him Indoors' had his mother to stay and I have to admit she's one of my favourites.  She's one of those rare people who's never owned a dog but who truly appreciates canine company, and mine in particular, which is rather touching.  There are other dogs in the family but I like to think I hold a special place.

Anyway, by the time I'd barked at the crackers and party poppers in case they were fireworks, and eaten all the turkey scraps, I was a bit weary.  Then there's all those bracing Christmas walks and assorted visitors to greet, it's been really rather hectic.

Still, it's New Year's Eve tomorrow and then the indoors tree goes back outdoors and things'll be returning to normal, or as normal as it gets.  A bit of a relief really.  Happy New Year!

Post Christmas recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.