Sunday 3 March 2013

Old Dogs and a Lightbulb Moment

Me and 'Her Indoors' have bumped into an old dog over the playing fields several times this week.  She's greying and a bit stiff legged but she seems a good sort (the dog, not 'Her Indoors', although saying that.......).  Anyway, 'Her Indoors' correctly managed to identify the breed type as a Labrador/Border Collie cross so she was all pleased with herself.  Apparently the dog's thirteen so she's got a few years on me.  She's generally quite slow although I was pretty impressed with the sudden turn of speed she developed when she spotted a crisp packet blowing about.  She had her nose in there before you could say Border Terrier.  Still, she kindly vacated and I was able to take a turn myself.  As I'm somewhat smaller, I managed to get my whole head in the packet and explore the corners before 'Her Indoors' came and took it away.  Spoilsport.  An owner chat on greedy dogs ensued.  Apparently Labradors are very food focused too and will eat almost anything.  This was not really news to me.  One of my 'Dogs-in-Law' Archie, who is of a Labrador disposition, once ate a whole light bulb.  He was whisked to the vet who gave him something to ease its passage, but it's still a pretty impressive achievement.  Quite illuminating in fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.