Sunday 6 October 2013

Sick as a Dog....

I've been ill. I'm normally pretty robust but this week I've succumbed to a stomach bug of uncommon ferocity.  'Her Indoors' has spent a lot of time with disinfectant and 'Him Indoors' has grumbled about insanitary animals and the state of the kitchen floor.  However, they've both clearly been worried because they got as far as booking a vet's appointment with barely a mention of the cost from 'Him Indoors'.  I knew things were bad, but clearly they were even worse than I thought.  A soon as the vet's appointment was arranged, I began to feel better, and even managed a little bit of boiled rice with a stock cube; my invalid food of choice.  Once I'd perked up a bit, 'Her Indoors' felt that the only way to ensure my continued recovery was by a comprehensive decontamination of my environment.  The floor was scrubbed, my bed was scrubbed, my bedding was put in a hot wash with disinfectant, and I was attached to the walnut tree and subjected to a thorough shampooing.  Apparently I smelt of doggy vomit - charming!  I'm surprised I didn't relapse.  Anyway, I was allowed to accompany 'Them Indoors' in the garden today, but 'Her Indoors' watched me so closely I hardly got a chance to eat anything. Pity, as I need to build myself up a bit.  My collar and harness are quite loose, which opens up interesting possibilities for the week ahead.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.