Sunday 10 August 2014

Sick as a, well, dog.....

Came back from kennels with a horrible bug and I've been really ill. I won't go into the sordid details, but I've been betrayed at both ends and at one stage had to be carried in and out of the garden by 'Junior Her'. I also had what was only my second unscheduled trip to the vet in my entire lifetime. 'Them Indoors' have been extremely solicitous, I must say, and I've had lots of extra attention. We were away this weekend, visiting the parents of 'Her Indoors'. I usually enjoy these little trips as ' the Grandies' used to have a dog and enjoy a bit of canine company. However, on this occasion I was decidedly out of sorts. I felt so ill and disorientated, that I howled all night, much to the consternation of 'Her Indoors'. The first night she made frequent visits to reassure me, but last night she gave in and we spent a cosy night in the living room with 'Her' sleeping on the sofa and me on the floor next to her. Anyway, today I felt much better but was overwhelmed by hunger. I found a box of After Eight mints on the lower shelf of a consul table but one of ' the Grandies' discovered me as I was trying to break through the cellophane and confiscated them which was a shame. 'Her Indoors' is a bit weary - I can't think why, and  I don't think Highland Farm Kennels will ever be graced with my presence again. Still, I'm on the mend now and I think my extra trim figure might have some advantages. I can probably fit through gaps I haven't been able to squeeze through in years, and both my harness and collar are decidedly loose which opens up quite a few possibilities.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.