Sunday 24 May 2015

Euro aversion

I watched the Eurovision Song Contest last night with 'Them Indoors' but I'm beginning to wonder if, like your politics, this is something you should keep to yourself. I thought it was entirely normal for the family to gather round the television and to listen to hours of dubious music, glitzy staging and frankly worrying dancing, scoring each song carefully out of ten, and voting for the one that gets the most marks from our discerning pannel of 'Them Indoors'.  However,when I innocently posted a picture on Twitter of me watching the TV, the response was varied to say the least.  I'm sure that an alternative suggestion of picking your eyeballs out with toothpicks, would be less fun, and I have to say in our defence that me and 'Her Indoors' dozed comfortably through a good part of it and then went to bed before the scoring, but 'Him Indoors' stayed up.  Should I be worried about him?  I'm not sure if I should tell but he was even playing the winning song in the study this morning.  Perhaps it's his age?  Anyway, I'm wondering whether to get a group of Border Terriers together for next year.  I used to howl when 'Junior Her' played her violin so I've obviously got some muscial sensibilities.  There must be millions of dog lovers across Europe and I'm sure they'd all vote for us.  I bet we'd do better than fourth from bottom anyway. Watch this space......




I was asleep, honestly......








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.